Monday, September 16, 2013

'Nother update

Well here's another breakdown of what's been happening. I lost the job I'd had because it was seasonal, however my supervisors gave me very little notice and I had no opportunity to look for work elsewhere.  The upside was that this month is the tenth anniversary of my father's passing, and my mother moving me to NC.  I decided the time was right to move back to RI to be with my family and back at the place I considered home.  As an added bonus, my boyfriend also lives in CT and it was going to be very nice to only live an hour away from him.  The horrific catch to all this is that finding a job has been a nightmare, and my family has gone batshit insane.  Luckily, my boyfriend has been amazing and has taken care of me while I struggle with finding work and adapting to living back up north again.

Now then, thats my personal news, in my needlecrafting portion of my life I started work on another crocheted blanket using granny squares, this time I'm making many tiny squares in two different but complimentary colors and I'll use single stitch to seam them together into a final whole when the tome comes.  The individual squares are very easy and fast to finish, but I didn't realize just how many you would have to make in order to make a queen size blanket! It's been a slow process but fun all the same.  Also I recently got supplies and I've started doing embroidery by hand, it's very meditative and I feel very feminine as I sew.  The first thing I made was a crowned cross for the boyfriend's sister in law, there's enough fabric with it that she can sew it into a little bag for a rosary or maybe some jewelry.  For myself I've started a nice little pentacle pattern, but my floss has had a mind of it's own roughly halfway through and I had to take a break before I set it on fire.  Here's a picture of the cross I made however, it's done entirely in back stitch which is very easy.  Unfortunately due to a small budget I used tracing paper with the pattern on it, and sewed through the paper into the fabric to transfer the design.  It worked really well, right up until I had to tear away the paper which messed up the majority of the stitches.  Oh well, learning process I suppose.  I'll ost a picture of it for you later.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

next time you do a pettern using tracing paper, try soaking it in water to remove the paper.