Saturday, February 8, 2014

Oh how the time flies

My last post was in September, and in all honesty, not much has changed in my situation.  Still living with my boyfriend, still no job-my laptop died so it's yet another blessing that I'm with my boyfriend and can share his. Added bonus for the foresight of actually buying my iPad when I did.  I've started really practicing my poi spinning and have been making a video every day of my practice on youtube.  I have some good prospects, but only time will tell. On the needle end of things though-a lot has happened!

I have finished two baby blankets-I have a picture of the first here.  It was made by sewing granny squares together, the obnoxious rug underneath is really distracting but I didn't have many options. There's a princess doll for size comparison.  The second was a giant modified granny square, but I have yet to get a picture of it.



I finished three scarves, two for children one for adult-also have to get pictures of these.

We have some embroidery back from around September-though I've noticed I'm not enjoying it as much as my knitting or crochet, so I probably won't pursue it much farther.  The first is a fancy pentacle, and the second is a little Samhain badge.




Also, I'm finally finishing the bag I started back before I graduated! It's been over a year!! I'll have pictures up tomorrow, probably.  I'm also going to be starting a nice warm wool hat for my boyfriend (and might end up making one for me as well, eee!) I also plan on really getting into socks in the future, and have been contemplating learning to spin yarn.  There was a while where I really wanted to get into weaving, but setting up the warp seems really intimidating so I nixed that idea.  There's a lot more projects in the works for the future as well, see you around!

No comments: