Friday, February 24, 2012

A new Day

I'll be able to post up pictures this evening. (I promised I would!) I finished my rectangle of ribbing and it's super stretchy! It comes off the needles looking almost too skinny, but it stretches considerably. I've decided to do single seed stitch next, since making the ribbing wider is such a simple adjustment. I'm worried about double seed stitch, since the trick of using the tail of your yarn to remember which stitch your starting with will no longer work. (You do two rows of knit 1 purl 1 repeat, then two rows of purl 1 knit 1 repeat.) A handy reminder, the difference between seed stitch and ribbing is how many stitches you cast on. Odds = ribbing, evens = seed stitch. So to make sure you've done your row correctly, you should be doing the OPPOSITE stitch at the end of your row in Seed stitch, and the SAME stitch at the end for Ribbing. I'm currently debating once I've finished this little skein of purple yarn whether to move directly to the scarf I want to make out of my painted Caron Simply Soft, or if I should try to use up my Red Heart Super Saver on miscellaneous learning projects. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Bardic Delta said...

Most of my experience with learned and practiced technique and skills
is in swordfighting, I bet a lot of things are constant.

If I was trying a new blade style, and I got a base grounding in it, I'd start using it in the field. That way, I'll get a deeper grounding in said technique, and if I need more practice in the fundamentals, I can always take a step back and practice more.