Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oooo Shopping!

I finished my Purl rectangle-huzzah! My mother requested that my next one be with the ribbing stitch (I think that's what it's called), that classic knit 1 purl 2. Today we went to the store and bought some goodies as well. My first set of knitting needles are a US size 7 (4.5 mm) aluminum needle by Susan Bates. Today we purchased an 8 piece set of aluminum Crochet hooks by Boye. They're very pretty, since they are different colors. They are US D,E,F,G,H,,J,K ( 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4.25, 5, 5.5, 6, and 6.5 mm). We also got US 5 (3.75 mm) Boye knitting needles, and two plastic round ended needles for sewing my squares together, and weaving in my loose ends. I'm at my mother's still, but I'll post pictures of everything when I get back to my apartment tomorrow night. Since I'm here I'm going to continue work on my dress-whose picture I will post here when it's completed. The crochet hook set cost $10, and the knitting needles were $3 and the sewing needles were $2.30. I bought all of these at Michaels.

No comments: