Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Wee Intro

I am 22 years old, a Pagan, and I've been doing needle crafts since I was old enough to hold a needle. I have a few projects currently in the works, one a leopard LatchHook hanging, and a 'Guenivere' style rennaissance/larping dress. I haven't actively been knitting in a very long time, and decided I should start from scratch. I found some instructions for a 7" by 9" rectangle to submit to 'Warm Up America' but after following the 'cast on 26 stitches' instructions, discovered that I had a mere 6" of material. Instead of donating my wee rectangle, I've decided to continue the exercise as a learning experiment, and sew my pieces together into an afghan of learning! So far I have a 6" by 8" rectangle of purple 4 weight worsted Red Heart yarn, done entirely in the knit stitch, and I'm halfway through a rectangle of the same material and size done in the purl stitch. The point of this exercise is purely practice and technique. When this rectangle is finished I'll make a rectangle in stockinette stitching! Eventually I'll have an interesting, unique piece to keep my legs warm on the couch.

I've found a ton of resource online for newbie knitters, and experienced yarn enthusiasts alike, and I'll link to a few of my favorites! See you soon!

My Ravelry
Craftster My Screen name is Sihara on Craftster
Knitty! A must have resource for needle crafters.

No comments: